arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention.
I LOVE it! So very inspiring & motivating!
- Explore. Adventure out of your comfort zone. Go see things!
- Share. Be generous with your discoveries.
- Do. Do something. Anything. Do anything, except complain about doing nothing.
- Embrace. Embrace your inner weirdness. Don’t hide it. Your quirks are what make you unique.
- Believe. Have a cause that you truly care about.
- Self-deprecate. Be humble. Minimize the swagger. Ego is disgusting.
- Try. Be daring. What’s the worst that can happen?
- Drive. Try to avoid bandwagons. Get your own and other like-minded people will join.
- Dare. The more you fear, the less you do … and become. Don’t have regrets.
- Ignore. There will always be haters. As Taylor Swift aptly puts it, “People throw rocks at things that shine.”
Now a small group of creative HK designers (and educated super mums), work together with talented artisans, from India & around the world, to bring us some very unique and beautiful homewares, gifts and jewellery that tell their own tale.
Here are a few of my favourites from their growing collection... (note many are limited editions so, if you love something, just get it ... you'll be supporting traditional crafts in contemporary times and it will make you more interesting too!)
Lil Nika have totally reinvented lighting with their fun, origami inspired safari animal nightlights, that are certainly not going to become extinct! Emi the Elephant, Oma the Lion & Imo the Hippo will put some excitement into your child's bedtime (and may even encourage them to sleep in their own bed all night!). I challenge you to beat my time of 40mins to construct it... (or you can have it delivered fully assembled, but where's the fun in that!). The head doubles as a hat & there are binoculars too, so have a blast pretending to be on a real safari.
These clever creations love the environment too. They are made from 100% carefully selected recycled plastic and it has a handy usb plug which enables your wild animal to migrate wherever you like!
Bring out your inner sauciness and be a little bit daring (what's the worst that can happen!?)... but remember, if you're going to be dangerous, you may as well be pretty dangerous!
From Robots to Watermelon and Cupcakes to Sea Creatures, MKU Originals have everything you could never dream up yourself. They cater to fit original babies, adventurous kids, daring teens and interesting adults, so EVERYONE is * about * to * get * noticed * !
MKU can even get you noticed with a new casual corporate look or create something exclusive and fun for an event.
There is no need to throw away those boring, uninteresting tops, as The Powder Room has an amazing selection of grandoise jewellery to make the mundane look magnificent. And if you want to arouse a bit of interest underneath (wink wink), they also have a cheeky and sexy selection of vintage inspired lingerie and sleepwear.
Don't worry if you're overwhelmed by all the beautiful choices, The Powder Room Princess (aka Gina) has a knack for selecting the perfect piece to suit your individual style. (Now there is no excuse not to be interesting!)
Get off your phones, speak to people, actually see the world and all that is in it, it's quite interesting you know...